Took Me 65 Years to Breed Bettas !

I remember being around 5 or so and admiring my grandfather's 28g bowfront aquarium, filled with a three-spot gourami and a little over a handful of tiger barbs. Fast forward ten years later, and here I am, immersing myself in the same hobby he became involved with, some 50-60 years ago. Even though we already enjoyed having conversations on other topics (be it music theory, animal handling, or even drawing techniques), this just adds one more level of connection to our relationship. I really hope the three of you above are able to continue passing on the information and expertise to other young keepers--heaven knows we need it!

I really hope the three of you above are able to continue passing on the information and expertise to other young keepers--heaven knows we need it!
Only if you pass information and expertise over to us. Heaven knows, we still need it. Learning in this hobby is always on the move.

I remember being around 5 or so and admiring my grandfather's 28g bowfront aquarium, filled with a three-spot gourami and a little over a handful of tiger barbs. Fast forward ten years later, and here I am, immersing myself in the same hobby he became involved with, some 50-60 years ago. Even though we already enjoyed having conversations on other topics (be it music theory, animal handling, or even drawing techniques), this just adds one more level of connection to our relationship. I really hope the three of you above are able to continue passing on the information and expertise to other young keepers--heaven knows we need it!
I know I will do the best I can. Young keepers can be innovators and help us old keepers as well ;)

Only if you pass information and expertise over to us. Heaven knows, we still need it. Learning in this hobby is always on the move.
I believe we are all learning and, hopefully, sharing...

Great story. Post pics of your home grown bettas.
Here ya go...
IMG_1700.jpg
IMG_1701.jpg
IMG_1702.jpg
IMG_1703.jpg
IMG_1704.jpg

Most reactions

Back