Stray cat of the month

AlexT

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am a born cat lover, but sadly not had my own cat since mine passed away about 10 years ago. My best friend who lives locally, she has 5 cats, so I get my needs met there :)

But today, I had a visitor, who actually then came into the house and had a look around. Of course, I did all the wrong things, such as make her feel at home and feed her! She has been lounging around like she has lived her for years, including clawing the sofa as cats do. I don't mind, as long as she has a nice stay and gives me a good review to all her cat buddies.

Turns out she is not a stray and I know she is a she, because she lives down the road with new neighbours. Only found that out after making the cat at home.

Also in true cat fashion, she ate all the food, turned her nose up at fresh drinking water, then proceeded to find something else to drink that she shouldn't. It was a jug full of tap water that contained my driftwood and leaf litter!!! I quickly intervened.

I then went out for a few hours and when I got home, she was on my doorstep, so I better speak with the neighbours so I don't become a cat thief.

Until a few hours ago, I'd never seen this cat before in my life.

that last one is just this second as I post this thread.

Attachments

• 20230821_204109.jpg
    20230821_204109.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
You are very naughty 😂 your neighbours won't be best pleased! And this gorgeous girl is now going to be a regular visitor which will break their hearts if she decides your home is now her home 😬

You are very naughty 😂 your neighbours won't be best pleased! And this gorgeous girl is now going to be a regular visitor which will break their hearts if she decides your home is now her home 😬
I will actually speak to them. By the time it all got out of hand, was gone 9pm, I thought wait till tomorrow!

See this is one of the reasons I wouldn't have a cat, they truly do pick who they like and that's that! Cute but fickle (I say this in jest cat lovers).

See this is one of the reasons I wouldn't have a cat, they truly do pick who they like and that's that! Cute but fickle (I say this in jest cat lovers).
You have just literally described me as a human as well :D 🐈

You're probably feeding it food she like better than at her real home ( like tuna fish)

maybe your neighbor has several cats and she just might tell you to keep her :lol:

Nothing but the best foods for whatever animal resides under my roof 😋

she probably just getting chopped liver at her home
You're giving her Filet Mignon...no wonder she keeps coming back for more :lol:

Most reactions

Back