Show us your cat/s!

Do you have a scratching post for your cat and an elevated carpeted platform for your cat(s).

If you have more than one cat, do you have more than one litter box?

If you have just one cat, is one litter box good enough

Last edited:
We will be looking for entries for our Pet of the Month contest in mid July. Get those pet pics ready!
🐶🐈 🐈‍⬛ 🐦🐤🐒🐔🐴🐢🦎

Last edited:
can a single cat get used to using one litter box in the finished basement if you leave the basement door open and a light on?

can a single cat get used to using one litter box in the finished basement if you leave the basement door open and a light on?
Yes, but i strongly recommend having a litterbox in each floor of the house. Any door behind which there is a litterbox must be left open and it's easy to make a mistake and close it.
Also, if you forget to clean the litterbox one day you need a backup. One litterbox only is not enough. It works with some cats, but there is no way for you to tell if it'll work with yours. Minimum 2 boxes.

I have a finished basement where I keep my litter boxes. My basement door actually has a kitty door in it (previous owners installed), so it works out perfect. I have three litter boxes down there for one cat, but that was only because I did have 2. My 18 year old baby girl passed away 2 years ago and I just kept the same boxes down there. I have a night light down there that turns on when it gets dark. It's a walk-out basement, so it gets a lot of light during the day.

Does your cat damage your furniture or carpets? How do you prevent that from happening.
Also, do trim their nails? How often?
Yes, specifically on the couches. These items fixed that issue --> SmartCat Pioneer Pet Ultimate Scratching Post (Beige) & Sofa-Scratcher' Cat Scratching Post & Couch-Corner/Furniture Protector 2-Pack (Beige)
Also, we had issues with some of them grabbing the carpet when running and such. Used these for a bit and it trains them to stop --> Kitty Caps Nail Caps for Cats | Safe, Stylish & Humane Alternative to Declawing | Stops Snags and Scratches, X-Small (Under 5 lbs), Spring Green with

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you have a scratching post for your cat and an elevated carpeted platform for your cat(s).
I get the cardboard scratching pads. They sleep on top of sewing machine cabinets, my bed, the back of the recliners, the seat of the recliners, bed in the fish room. Rubbermaid tub by the fish room window. They have cat beds in several locations but in summer they prefer cool surfaces I think

how long do those cardboard scratching pads last...I would think they wear out quickly. Do the scratch pads cause debris as they wear?

They do cause debris, but they are 100% recyclable, I have hard floors, so it's not hard to sweep up debris. I've had rope scratch post, their favorite though is low loop industrial carpet on the legs, doable with a hot glue gun and 2x4 or 4x4, base to mount it to. With my vet bills I am not spending $49 for a scratching post. And whatever post type it is, it will not last forever, but it beats losing a chair to cat destruction. oh, if you have leather furniture I do not recommend getting a cat. I do not have leather furniture

Oh yeah consumer cat climbers usually last less than a year, they either destroy the scratching part or they jump on it aggressively and they become all wobbly (they are not durable)

Most reactions

Back