Repashy question

sharkweek178

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Can you just feed the powder? I'm thinking for my pygmy corys. Can I just feed the Repashy powder without making it a gel first?

it won't sink... maybe try just mixing it in cold water???

No, you cannot simply feed Repashy fish food in its powdered form, The product wont attract them as if prepared.

It will cloud the water be difficult to find by the fishes and will probably end up in your filter before being eaten.

Agree, you neet to prepare it. It may funk up you media if you drop the powder which has gelatin in it.

Looking for a powder food try sera grow or decapsulated brine shrimp.

You can also crush larger pellets to make them more bite size.

I use a mortar & pestle that I bought for dedicated aquarium use, & I "powderize" all kinds of food, including bug bites...

Lol, I have a Krups grinder I use to grind some fish food to add to my Repashy blends. Sometimes I just add freeze dried shrimp or tubifex worms to the mix as well as some spirulina powder or decapsulated brine shrimp. Fish love it...

Agree, you neet to prepare it. It may funk up you media if you drop the powder which has gelatin in it.

Looking for a powder food try sera grow or decapsulated brine shrimp.

You can also crush larger pellets to make them more bite size.
I use a mortar and pestle to grind up Bug Bites and Omega One pellets to make them a little easier for the pygmys to eat. I also feed live baby brine shrimp, which they love.

Most reactions

Back