Refurbished 40ish gallon dirted tank/aquascape

I just realized I did my math horrendously wrong and my tank is actual about 40g. I plugged my stocking into aqadvisor and it told me I was 136% overstocked, and I should probably get another filter. For now though I think I'll keep up by simply doing two 25% water changes per week. I also have a little bit of wiggle room because it doesn't take plants into account, so that's that. However, if need be I can rehome either the cories or some tetras, but that would be a worst case scenario.

Anyhoo for now it's alright just wanted to update. In the meanwhile the tank is looking nice, and the cories have started to come out a lot more now, which is interesting.

Last edited:
IMG_7876.jpeg

Little update: fish doing great, and the Bolivian rams are in their breeding colours again. They haven’t laid any eggs yet though, possible because of the interference by the gouramis, but hopefully they’ll lay on the leaf. I might help them out by putting in a flat rock though we shall see.

Attachments

• IMG_7877.jpeg
    IMG_7877.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7866.jpeg
    IMG_7866.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7862.jpeg
    IMG_7862.jpeg
    285.1 KB · Views: 9
Eggs! Hopefully this time they will be successful and keep the eggs alive, but if they don’t I might put in half a clay pot and a smooth plate and see if it works then.
IMG_7892.jpegIMG_7889.jpegIMG_7891.jpegIMG_7893.jpeg

Wriggler stage! Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. I’m not going to collect them but is there anything I can do otherwise to help the success of the babies? Thanks
IMG_7978.jpeg

I have no real experience with breeding, but you might get a few more bites if you post this also in the tropical discussion. This arena is already pretty quiet (plant nerds).

we’ve got some free swimmers! I can now easily observe the fry, and they’re also eating hikari baby food, so I have high hopes.

IMG_7998.jpegIMG_7997.jpegIMG_8001.jpeg

Most reactions

Back