Premature Guppy

palacious_d

Reaction score
Good Morning,

Something very strange has happened to my guppy last week Sunday 07/10/12 she gave birth to three guppy fry, it happened during the night so I am not sure how many she had but when I checked there were three swimming around perfectly healthy. I am not 100% sure what happened if she ate the rest or only had three. I have been observing that guppy for the last week and noticed that she is getting fatter and on the verge of having more fry, is this possible???

Thanks
Palacious_D

ive heard they can have like multiple pregnancies...give birth one day and then again a week later....also they can store the "daddys stuff" for weeeeeeks! so you can get a female and not have a male in with her and she can give birth months after you first got her... haha..fish are odd sometimes! :)

Thanks, its very strange well she is in a guppy tank atm lets see what happens!!

Its possible she did eat the fry, my endlers used to do it for some odd reason. Have the fry got any hiding spots? I used Java moss for my Endler tank a year ago, fry were able to hide/feed from it.

This precisely happened to one of mine in September. She gave birth to 3, then a week later a few more then another weekish (or a bit more) the rest.... and none were premature and she's never delivered like that before.

I named my first 3 the Three Amigos (2 boys and a girl) :lol:

i love guppys and when they fill a tank with babies....now thats ace!! :hyper:

Thanks guys, had to take her our from the guppy tank after 4 days due to stress and she is getting fatter by the day, have bought a 20 litre tank just for her and lets see!

Most reactions

Back