New Freshwater Predator Tank

I saw a huge arapaima en route to a public aquarium. I leaned over for a look and almost had my skull eaten. It was trying to get an angle on me. Amazingly beautiful, but wow.
They're huge, far too big for home aquarium I think but a load came in to the UK last year. I saw them in the zoo at Washington DC and you're right they are massive

You added some sand? I bet the rays are loving that. How's the support looking under the tank now?
I did, I didnt love the look without it althought it is easier to clean

I wish I had bought darker sand. The rays do love it but they make such a mess of it

I've got the boarding under the sump supported but I guess at some point I need to take it apart and do it properly

I did, I didnt love the look without it althought it is easier to clean

I wish I had bought darker sand. The rays do love it but they make such a mess of it

I've got the boarding under the sump supported but I guess at some point I need to take it apart and do it properly

Sorry you have had to go through that I know it's a gut wrenching feeling especially with a tank that size. I would be stressing daily. Fish look great and i bet they are much happier in their new digs

Love the Dat!! Rays are absolutely gorgeous!!
Cheers the Dat is a relatively new addition after searching for one for a while and he's already a favourite he follows me up and down the tank when I walk around the garage he is so cute

New addition to the tank last night a kelberi bass which is huge. About 17" and as wide ( almost) I added him as I had added a smaller Mono Peacock bass recently that I have loved having in there as hes bold colourful and active

Attachments

• PB1.jpeg
    PB1.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 3
  • PB2.jpeg
    PB2.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 3
  • PB3.jpeg
    PB3.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 4
  • PB4.jpeg
    PB4.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 1
  • PB5.jpeg
    PB5.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 2
  • PB6.jpeg
    PB6.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 1
  • PB7.jpeg
    PB7.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 1
  • PB8.jpeg
    PB8.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1
Its running and I have transferred some fish over. Layout of the sump seems to work and it sits far better now I have adjusted it than the way it was left by the company who made it.

The arowana looks so much happier with the space to swim in which is lovely to see and the Tiger fish has less chance of hurting himself when he gets spooked

I will transfer over next week the Red tail Payara and Fire eel and the pair or rays the week after I cant wait to see them in there with the extra footprint
Oh my good lord your bichir are beautiful šŸ˜

Oh my good lord your bichir are beautiful šŸ˜
Cheers bud
Had them a while and they've grown so much since being in this tank

Took these pics of them last week, was so odd to see them sat together

Attachments

• Bichir 1.jpeg
    Bichir 1.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Bichir 2.jpeg
    Bichir 2.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 5
Cheers bud
Had them a while and they've grown so much since being in this tank

Took these pics of them last week, was so odd to see them sat together
Thatā€™s awsome , Iā€™m saving up for a 125-150 gal , but itā€™s just so pricey for the setup I want , and i donā€™t even know where Iā€™d put it as of now. Mine are all juvenile but are definitely growing. About how many years would you say youā€™ve had yours?

Thatā€™s awsome , Iā€™m saving up for a 125-150 gal , but itā€™s just so pricey for the setup I want , and i donā€™t even know where Iā€™d put it as of now. Mine are all juvenile but are definitely growing. About how many years would you say youā€™ve had yours?
I bough this tank new but it was a massive rip off and has questionable build quality. I'd buy second hand there are loads of tanks that arent even old from reputable manafacturers going for bargain prices

These bichirs I have had a couple of years. The endilicheri i bought at about a foot its now about 16" the other two were tiny when I bought them but have caught up fast

I bough this tank new but it was a massive rip off and has questionable build quality. I'd buy second hand there are loads of tanks that arent even old from reputable manafacturers going for bargain prices

These bichirs I have had a couple of years. The endilicheri i bought at about a foot its now about 16" the other two were tiny when I bought them but have caught up fast
Thatā€™s sweet , my delhezi and Senegal are like 5ā€-6ā€ got them around 3ā€ , my ansorgii is like 3ā€ got her at like 2ā€ , maybe Iā€™ll look into that , Iā€™ve always been scared of transferring diseases, but if I do it correctly I guess I should be fine.

Most reactions

Back