Mental “wasting” disease???

Magnum Man

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
So I have had a Serbi Cory, for over or around a year, that is just not right… the other Cory’s don’t hang with it… it eats normally, but doesn’t swim with the same purpose as the rest do, sometimes it looks like it’s going to die, but keeps on going… this morning, at 1st. Light, I noticed one of my sibling pair of angels, that has also been here for around the same amount of time, acting similar, still eating and picking at things, but acting like it’s interested in something, and starts leaning over… maybe it was sleeping hard last night, and isn’t fully awake yet, but both these fish are in the same tank… everyone else seems normal, and there are no other outward signs… maybe a bacteria or brain worm or??? Maybe I’m just paranoid or have the brain worm???

Last edited:
LOL, Zombie fish says "brain worms, gimme brain worms. mmm yummy brain worms"

No brain worms in fish tanks.

Fish can develop protozoan, viral, bacterial or fungal infections in the brain (protozoan and bacterial are the most common) but these usually cause the fish to start spiraling through the water and die within a few days. They don't live with it for months.

It could be low level chemical poisoning or the fish have an underlying health issue. If you can post some pictures and video of them doing their thing, it might offer more information.

So I have had a Serbi Cory, for over or around a year, that is just not right… the other Cory’s don’t hang with it… it eats normally, but doesn’t swim with the same purpose as the rest do, sometimes it looks like it’s going to die, but keeps on going… this morning, at 1st. Light, I noticed one of my sibling pair of angels, that has also been here for around the same amount of time, acting similar, still eating and picking at things, but acting like it’s interested in something, and starts leaning over… maybe it was sleeping hard last night, and isn’t fully awake yet, but both these fish are in the same tank… everyone else seems normal, and there are no other outward signs… maybe a bacteria or brain worm or??? Maybe I’m just paranoid or have the brain worm???
Perhaps you need to administer a mental acuity test to your fish? :D

I would doubt it’s the water, as there are at least 36 tetras in the same tank, as well as dwarf cichlids everyone else looks normal

Most reactions

Back