Interesting new super easy way to feed Repashi… especially to your aufwuchs eaters

I use repashy every now and then but I've never really gotten it to stick to something. Maybe keeping it warm is the secret? I never encountered a stage where it was a consistency that I could "spread". I think I'll try it again soon to see if I can get it to work.

it jells up pretty fast, I've been preheating the bowl with hot water, & I've found that if I use a bigger bowl on the outside with an inch of boiling hot water in it, & set the bowl that I'm mixing in, inside, that it keeps it liquid long enough to get 3 - 24 inch sticks painted all the way around

Zebra Oto and Gold Nugget Pleco lunching on a Repashi stick today… most everyone love the Repashi
IMG_5082.jpeg
IMG_5083.jpeg
IMG_5085.jpeg
IMG_5087.jpeg

Last edited:
I may want to rough up the surface some of the plastic bamboo, I’m using for Repashi sticks in the Asian tank… it stays on until the bubbles take it off in large sheets, which everyone eats any way… if they are small enough pieces, the Tin Foils eat it, if It’s larger sheets, it’s available for all the smaller Hillstream’s… the lizards and the Pandas are aggressive enough, they eat it off the sticks
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5085.jpeg

Last edited:
How do you keep the non-algae eater fish from forging themselves on the repashy? I have that problem; any amount that’s enough for the otos to spot is enough to make the platys rotund.

Pretty much everyone eats it… it’s actually become one of my Zebra Lace Angels favorite foods… by putting it on the sticks, it helps me regulate the amount of food, and spreads it out on more area, than just putting in chunks … if I had your problem, I would probably thin it down a little, and put it on the sticks thinner, and feed it to them more often… right now my tanks get Repashi about once, or maybe twice a week… if I were putting it thinner on the sticks, it would still be the same surface area, but less food, then I’d feed twice a week, or every other day

Trying something new for my Asian tank… ( the picture above with the plastic bamboo sticks ) that tank currently has 20 pieces on long emergent lucky bamboo, and those match perfectly with my background… the plastic bamboo sticks don’t… I think I’m going to band 4 pieces of long lucky bamboo together to form a stick, which will match the bamboo already in the tank, and on my background, then I’ll apply the Repashi to these live banded bamboo sticks… it’ll take a little while to get the extra bamboo here, but look for pictures in the future…
I just don’t like that the plastic bamboo doesn’t match anything in the tank

Most reactions

Back