For Colin_T

elephantnose3334

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi @Colin_T,

Finally drew one of the two plants that were on your possession that went extinct. It took a while, but it's complete. :) It's digital art, but it's slightly worse than my traditional watercolour art. I tried to depict what they looked like without reference pics.

Attachments

• plant2b.jpg
    plant2b.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 14
The leaves are pretty close but more dark green than olive in colour. But the plant itself is very close to what I recall it looking like.

The flower stalk was really thin (1-2mm diameter) and about 4 feet long. There was only one flower stalk per plant. The flowers appeared about 4 inches apart (1 flower every 4 inches along the stalk) and were individual pink flowers that were star shaped with 5 petals. The flowers were directly attached to the flower stalk. The flowers were all on the same side of the flower stalk.

The smaller tubers at the end of the roots were about 10mm diameter while the biggest ones were about the size and shape of an acorn (around 20mm long x 10-15mm wide).

The leaves are pretty close but more dark green than olive in colour. But the plant itself is very close to what I recall it looking like.

The flower stalk was really thin (1-2mm diameter) and about 4 feet long. There was only one flower stalk per plant. The flowers appeared about 4 inches apart (1 flower every 4 inches along the stalk) and were individual pink flowers that were star shaped with 5 petals. The flowers were directly attached to the flower stalk. The flowers were all on the same side of the flower stalk.

The smaller tubers at the end of the roots were about 10mm diameter while the biggest ones were about the size and shape of an acorn (around 20mm long x 10-15mm wide).
Yeah. Thanks for viewing it. :)

Do another updated version and we might be able to get this plant identified by the picture. :)
Great idea. What genus that plant you owned might belong to? You were originally going to give them to the Herbarium for ID, but the bad situation happened and the plants were lost.

The WA herbarium wanted them but I wasn't willing to give them the plants. I said I would give them some seeds if I got any. I did get seeds in late 2015 but they got thrown out in 2016 along with the plants. I don't know what genus or species they were.

The WA herbarium wanted them but I wasn't willing to give them the plants. I said I would give them some seeds if I got any. I did get seeds in late 2015 but they got thrown out in 2016 along with the plants. I don't know what genus or species they were.
I think they were some sort of what-you-call those Geraldton wax-like plants.

They aren't Geraldton wax, completely different. The plants I had only grew about 8-12 inches high and had long green strap like leaves (like buffalo grass but much darker green). Geraldton wax plants grow to 3 meters in diameter and up to 2-3 meters high (although most are smaller) and have a trunk with lots of branches and the flowers come off the branches. The flowers have a round centre with about 6 round petals going around the outside of the centre part.

They aren't Geraldton wax, completely different. The plants I had only grew about 8-12 inches high and had long green strap like leaves (like buffalo grass but much darker green). Geraldton wax plants grow to 3 meters in diameter and up to 2-3 meters high (although most are smaller) and have a trunk with lots of branches and the flowers come off the branches. The flowers have a round centre with about 6 round petals going around the outside of the centre part.
They looked like them initially. What are some similar, but described plants that had the five pettalled pink flower?

Most reactions

Back