Bichir growth rate/age

Connershawzz

Bichir dad
Reaction score
Just got my second bichir. He’s quite a bit fatter than my first , I’m just wondering if anyone could help me maybe determine how old mine are and tips with feeding and BOOSTING growth rate. Cause I’m seeing videos of people senegals that are HUGE compared to mine

I’m doing 2 40% WC a week along with feeding them about 3-4 pellets each with some blood worms everyday . Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3390.png
    IMG_3390.png
    554.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3428.png
    IMG_3428.png
    432.1 KB · Views: 9
that one is still a baby... they grow, pretty much relative To how much they eat... it won't be long, & it'll be eating that sword tail, or platy...... I have one Bichir, & I've actually lost a couple of the smaller silver dollars in my tank... but mine regularly eats Rosy Minnows, & is about a year old, & is about a foot long...

that one is still a baby... they grow, pretty much relative To how much they eat... it won't be long, & it'll be eating that sword tail, or platy...... I have one Bichir, & I've actually lost a couple of the smaller silver dollars in my tank... but mine regularly eats Rosy Minnows, & is about a year old, & is about a foot long...
Sweet thank you for your time !

I have three and they have quick growth for a year or so until about 12" then it seems to slow down. My three are about 16" , 12" and 13". they are big fish with big mouths and in my experience very predatory but easy to keep

I have three and they have quick growth for a year or so until about 12" then it seems to slow down. My three are about 16" , 12" and 13". they are big fish with big mouths and in my experience very predatory but easy to keep
+1, fast for most species. 1” per month for about 10-12 months and then they slow down to probably 1” per 6 months at most

Most reactions

Back