Bichir growth rate/age

Connershawzz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just got my second bichir. Heā€™s quite a bit fatter than my first , Iā€™m just wondering if anyone could help me maybe determine how old mine are and tips with feeding and BOOSTING growth rate. Cause Iā€™m seeing videos of people senegals that are HUGE compared to mine

Iā€™m doing 2 40% WC a week along with feeding them about 3-4 pellets each with some blood worms everyday . Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3390.png
    IMG_3390.png
    554.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3428.png
    IMG_3428.png
    432.1 KB · Views: 8
that one is still a baby... they grow, pretty much relative To how much they eat... it won't be long, & it'll be eating that sword tail, or platy...... I have one Bichir, & I've actually lost a couple of the smaller silver dollars in my tank... but mine regularly eats Rosy Minnows, & is about a year old, & is about a foot long...

that one is still a baby... they grow, pretty much relative To how much they eat... it won't be long, & it'll be eating that sword tail, or platy...... I have one Bichir, & I've actually lost a couple of the smaller silver dollars in my tank... but mine regularly eats Rosy Minnows, & is about a year old, & is about a foot long...
Sweet thank you for your time !

I have three and they have quick growth for a year or so until about 12" then it seems to slow down. My three are about 16" , 12" and 13". they are big fish with big mouths and in my experience very predatory but easy to keep

I have three and they have quick growth for a year or so until about 12" then it seems to slow down. My three are about 16" , 12" and 13". they are big fish with big mouths and in my experience very predatory but easy to keep
+1, fast for most species. 1ā€ per month for about 10-12 months and then they slow down to probably 1ā€ per 6 months at most

Most reactions

Back