Been a 2 year run on submerged Lucky Bamboo… it’s getting dated…

Magnum Man

Supporting Member
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
My emerging Lucky Bamboo is doing awesome, but while my submerged Lucky Bamboo is still green, it’s not growing, and has a gray film algae growing on it, that the fish can’t seem to remove, or it’s unpalatable, and they have no desire to remove it… the woven towers ( 2 ) were put in the tank 2 years ago for hiding spaces for smaller fish, and for structure for the Tin Foil barbs to swim around… as this tank has made a transition to a Bamboo water garden, and I still have 20 stalks of emerging Lucky Bamboo in the tank, I think I’m going to replace the submerged woven towers with a pair of similarly sized resin Asian pagodas…
But the submerged Lucky Bamboo has lasted 2 years fully submerged…but, it has now become a maintenance issue with surface algae on the leaves…

Last edited:
I have some shorter stalks of Lucky Bamboo, that had been submerged for over a year, that I moved to some smaller tanks, making them emergent, and they seem to be making the transition well ( algae dried up, and has fallen off the leaves ) I may save the woven towers by doing the same, and putting them in my scud tank, for them to clean the towers up…

Most reactions

Back