Zebra Loaches

Murpheus

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Early this month I introduced 3 zebra loaches to my 50 Gal (UK) & within hours I noticed them 'flashing' on the gravel so I did an unscheduled 25% water change & vac.

Over the next couple of days I noticed whitespot developing on my 2 blue rams & once I was sure it was Ich I treated the tank with 'Interpet AT 6' & raised the temperature to 30oC. 4 days later I did another 25-30% water change & vac & used the meds again.

All has been clear for a few days since then. No more whitespot on the rams & no more flashing from the loaches. That is until this evening when I did another 25% water change & vac & lowered the temperature back down to normal.

Now the Zebra loaches are very occassionally 'flashing' again. Should I treat again with the meds or is it maybe just the stress of the water change?

its better leave ur tank at temperature at 30c for a period of 2 weeks after u clear ur ich to prevent it from coming back. if you have a hospital tank u can remove the zebra and keep ur eye on them for few more days. and treat it there is needed. good luck

Most reactions

Back