Yay Me - Come Read!

HNL_FISH

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok well, as you all know or most of you, i have been freeking out about my kribs laying as they have been doing the mating signs.
Yesterday after work i noticed mummy in the cave upside down...OMG she was spawning the eggs on top of the cave there and then i saw alot of it and then daddy went in and did the same!!!...There must about about 60 eggs on the roof...24 hours later...today and there all still there maybe 1 or 2 gone but still fluffing them and guarding them so fingers crossed there fertalised and ill have some krib fry soon!!!

Let me know what u think cheers H

:) :D :)

Also how long will they stay eggs b4 the hatch? cheers

im going to watch this thread with interest - im in the same position you were...my kribs are doing everything they should but not laying eggs! a lot of chasing each other around, disappearing into their cave, and doing the vibro-dance! between them they have managed to move round an amazing amount of sand!

i remember reading a pretty good article on here about breeding kribs, so i would try and find that to find out about the next steps. good luck, and interesting to see how this pans out.

im going to watch this thread with interest - im in the same position you were...my kribs are doing everything they should but not laying eggs! a lot of chasing each other around, disappearing into their cave, and doing the vibro-dance! between them they have managed to move round an amazing amount of sand!

i remember reading a pretty good article on here about breeding kribs, so i would try and find that to find out about the next steps. good luck, and interesting to see how this pans out.

My Kribs are also "at it" but havent laid the eggs yet so likewise I will be watching this one, I have watched all the dancing about and the shuddering but nothing else yet. They are in a tank on their own so it should happen sooner or later.
Good luck mate

Cheers guys, well this morning have woke up and eggs are still all there (thank God) its always a bit scary when i wake up incase they aint there any more but all seems ok...I do have one concern though...the 1st time they layed mummy wasn't going anywhere but staying with them, but they were on a big leaf, now there in the cave she is leaving the eggs not for long but she is swimming out and around and then bk to them, she is fluffing them alot and they seem to wave about abit in the water when she does so...does this mean they might be infertile? (sorry about spelling not the best speller in the world)...

Reply to the q's - im also gonna be watchin them close as last time it went no where!!!...when i 1st had the pair they did they "Vibo" dance for about 3/4 weeks and then the magic happened!!!, once she layed and it went bad it took exactly 2 weeks to the same day for them to do it again!!!...this time there are loads of eggs about 60 maybe and are all attached to the roof of the cave.

Tank mates are fine, keeping their distance, if mummy goes swimming off then daddy stays very close!!! Again though the amount of sand they are moving mainly daddy is huge!!! ill keep updated if anyone can give me anymore info or wants to no how there getting let me no!!!

Cheers HNL_FISH

hi carl,

they are getting on great thanks - the kribs are getting closer to parenthood every day, and have a nice sized cave to set up home. the black neons joined the 4 i already have, and all 10 together are a good sight. the shark was a present for a friend, and its doing well too! im going to get up some pitures of the tank soon, but thanks again, and HNL, as soon as mine lay the eggs i'm coming to you to see how it all develops!

Hi Guys,

Well after the last few days of not knowing where the eggs went, da darrrr...they hid them - i have 30/40 krib fry in the bk of the cave lovin it...mum and dad are well & protectiing them BIG style...so happy thanks for all info and advice peeps!!!

Well chuffed will get pics in few days when there about!!!

I am having the same issue with my kribs. They show all signs of breeding...the dance, the colors, they have paired, they stay in the cave together a lot, but they still have not spawned. Does anyone have any suggestions? They have been doing this for probably 3-4 weeks now and I am concerned. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi my Kribs are exactly the same, share the same cave, do the vibro dance and all that but thats as far as they go. I am thinking of splitting them up for a week and then trying again, has anybody else done this? or is it that she just dont turn him on? I supose fish have feelings!!!

Dave

Most reactions

Back