Wow, Now That Is What I Call Service!

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
I normally get my frozen food from Shirley aquatics, I love the shop and have done for over 20 years of going there. However at the moment I am without a car so decided to try ordering my frozen food on line along with a couple of new condensation trays for one of the tanks.

Everything was as usual with an online order, I received an e-mail to say my goods were dispatched and an approximate delivery time. Happy me.

Today, on time, my delivery arrived. Hubby answered the door and brought into the kitchen 3 damaged poly boxes one dripping defrosted brine shrimp all over the floor. Unhappy me! all 3 boxes were damaged and all the frozen food was defrosted totally ruined and missing the two condensation trays. There was tape all over the boxes stating "good repackaged by ******company name********" They had even pulled off the address label and stuck it to one of the poly boxes.

I phoned Shirley aquatics, the person I needed to speak to was out and would call me back, so I waited. Liz phoned me and I explained the problem, she was not a happy bunny either, after describing the damage over the phone she wanted to see for herself. Now I thought I would have to photograph the boxes, send an e-mail and wait for it to be sorted before my order was re-sent. 

No Liz took it upon herself to personally come to my house after closing with my frozen foods and condensation trays and pick up the damaged boxes and defrosted food. She was annoyed at the condition of the boxes and showed me the photograph the courier company sent to her, absolutely nothing like the mess that was on my freezer and kept apologising for my order being ruined, but it was not her fault it was the courier company.

That has to be the best service I have ever received from any company!

Clearly a company that cares about customer satisfaction!

So the courier company took a photo of the goods before they delivered them?

Thats great service actually.

And being a UK company, that even better!

That is the most upsetting thing that the courier company photographed the package when they collected it and tried to claim that it was delivered in good condition, once Liz saw the state of what arrived she realised the courier company was at fault because she personally packed my order.

Shirley aquatics certainly believe in customer satisfaction.

Review!

Review!

Review!!!

:lol:

(Seriously, have you thought about writing a review?)

when I ordered about 23 fish online,  the next morning i got the package.  In the package was one blue phantom pleco that I didnt order.  I immediately called the company and they apologized and told me to keep the pleco and they would reship 23 fish to me for delivery the next morning.  On top of that they gave me credit for $80--$60 of which was reimbursing my shipping cost and an extra $20 too.   That's also what I call service.   

There was obviously a mix up in their shipping department.  They told me another customer had received my 23 fish that he had not ordered.  They told him he could keep all  the fish.  

I guess I better do a review then :)

Fishmanic said:
when I ordered about 23 fish online,  the next morning i got the package.  In the package was one blue phantom pleco that I didnt order.  I immediately called the company and they apologized and told me to keep the pleco and they would reship 23 fish to me for delivery the next morning.  On top of that they gave me credit for $80--$60 of which was reimbursing my shipping cost and an extra $20 too.   That's also what I call service.   

There was obviously a mix up in their shipping department.  They told me another customer had received my 23 fish that he had not ordered.  They told him he could keep all  the fish.  

That's only good if you both had room for the unordered fish! :)

Lunar Jetman said:

That's only good if you both had room for the unordered fish!
smile.png

That's true, Lunar, but at least it shows they care about customer service which is quite a rare commodity these days and refreshing to see.

If I were her I'd be hacked off too! Outrageous how these shipping companies take such liberties.

In a way that is actually kinda cool fm!! A sort of FREE blue phantom pleco!? That's so cool! Do you still have it? Or did you sell it or something?

it's going to be shipped on Tuesday to NInjouzata as it may outgrow my 35 gal tank and he'll have a lot more room in her 129 gallon new setup.

Here's a video about month or so ago of the blue phantom pleco and some of the other tank inhabitants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_z-yue7FEQ

awwwww!! it's so cute!! if i had space i'd have taken it for you!! LOL

Most reactions

Back