Would It Be Allright To Buy Sand From A Garden Centre?

Camad727

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I cant find sand for my aquarium anywhere but Dobbies Garden Centre next to me sells big bags of "Sillica Sand" for really cheap. I am going there in like half an hour, would this sand be allright for my tank? is there anything I need to watch out for on the sand description to warrant not buying it?

-thanks for any help

buy 'play sand' that's designed for kids sand pits. should be able to get some from a garden centre.

do not use builders sand or anything like that, it'll contain stuff you don't want in you're tank.

buy 'play sand' that's designed for kids sand pits. should be able to get some from a garden centre.

do not use builders sand or anything like that, it'll contain stuff you don't want in you're tank.

allright Ill go see if they have ;play sand

If you are in the UK I got 15Kg of Play sand for £2.49 last week. Looks the business too but will need a VERY good wash.

If you are in the UK I got 15Kg of Play sand for £2.49 last week. Looks the business too but will need a VERY good wash.

I use argos playsand in both my tanks, cost 3 or 4 quid and IME didn't need that much washing tbh, a few rinses.

Most reactions

Back