Worms

Car1os

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I noticed some worms in my fish tank but dont know what kind they are. My betta ate one but then he spit it out so not sure if hes just weird or something else is going on. They are extremely small and I cant get any pictures of them. The picture below isnt the worm in my tank but I think most people have seen them in their tanks b4, the worms im talking about are smaller than these ones and swim around like eels or sea snakes. They also dont ever seem to stop moving.
1617725624035.png

if you can't get a good photo, then it may be a hunt on google to try and find them

don't want to say do one thing and it could totally wrong.

the main thing to do and it willnt hurt, 50% wc and vac the substrate as well

Perhaps they are. Any idea why the betta doesnt like them?
All fish usually eat them, but the betta may be overfed, detritus worms are usually a sign of overfeeding

All fish usually eat them, but the betta may be overfed, detritus worms are usually a sign of overfeeding
I only got him 3 days ago. I dont think its overfeeding because hes actually kinda skinny, I can see the outline of his swim bladder, but the first time I fed him he didnt even see the granules so they just sank and I couldnt reach them but the snails did. So maybe thats why their are quite a few. I think I also saw one of the worms curl up into a ball like a pill bug before expanding again.

if you can't get a good photo, then it may be a hunt on google to try and find them

don't want to say do one thing and it could totally wrong.

the main thing to do and it willnt hurt, 50% wc and vac the substrate as well
Ill try to get a picture again later.

Most reactions

Back