Wood... Too Sharp For Corydoras?

doraemon213

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Found a nice looking piece of wood in a store, still deciding if I should buy it. So, I am planning to have panda cories in my tank, and I heard they were very delicate, especially the barbels. The wood that I am interested in getting does have some splinters sticking out at some places, which was probably a connection to another branch previously. Would that be too sharp for the corys?

Corys aren't as delicate around the mouth and barbules as many people believe, yes sand would be prefered as substrate but rounded gravel also is useable medium, same with wood which after being immersed under water for some time will soften anyway, anything that is needle sharp should be removed for the well being of the general population of the tank not just the corys

I myself have pieces of gravel and not sand and i am just hoping that the pygmy cories i will be getting will not be affected by it.  I have taken out a handful and rubbed it around in my hand and it does not seem to rough so i am just hoping the little guys will do okay in it!

Most reactions

Back