Woo Hoo! I May Be Getting A Job At A Local Pet Store!

Reaction score
:) 8) Well as the title says. All I got to do is drop my resume off and I get to work their in the fish department. I'll be doing at atleast once a week maybe more! :D :fun: :# :hyper: d:D :wizard: :santa: :beer: :nod: :fish: :band: :drink: :hooray: :- :kana: :clap: :cool: :big_boss: :drinks: :friends: :shout: :yahoo:

That's good, then you'll be happy, and so will the fish! Congratulations. :good:

Congrats discuslova good luck. :good:

Seen as you gone mad with the smillies so will I lol. :hyper: :band: :hooray: :- :whistle: :drinks:

Congratulations on the job at Animal House DiscusLova.

toga, Toga, TOGA!

AnimalHouse-Toga.jpg

Working in a pet store is so much fun. I worked at Petsupermarket for about 6 months, then it closed. (They're opening a new location). I was a general clerk, but I was in the fish department the most, because I was the only one with a lot of knowledge about fish. It really is a lot of fun taking care of all of them, but it is tough work. Try doing a water change on a whole system... It literally takes hours, but is well worth the effort. Working at a petstore is also VERY helpful with the costs... I had a 50% off on fish and 25% on merchandise. Very, very helpful.

Enjoy it! I know I did!

PS: I hope your manager will be like mine was. (Very fishy person). I got to see the fish orders and help order some fish. Also, you get to order pretty much what you want! And those huge fish lists... ahh amazing. It makes you want to get all of them.

If I ever got a job at a LPS, I would put a sticky under all the tanks stating what fish were in the tank, what water conditions they liked, minimum tank size, and how big they got. And a picture. :D That was nobody wowuld buy 7 bala sharks for a 40gallon tank like I did :blush:

:hyper: None of my lfs have that, even! They just have the name and the price! Well, make sure they're all accurate, then. And post signs that say "If you have any questions at all, just ask." It makes the customers feel more welcome. Oh, and tell them about FISHLESS CYCLING!!! :D

Unfortunatly it begins to be business over fish feelings. you can tell someone "it won't work", but in the end the "consumer wins".

However, if you can put trendy displays of agression level, fish max size, scientific name, and a reccomended tank size, it usually helps.

Aww I'm looking for a job at any pet store as long as I work in the fish department i will be happy lol. I got turned down at a nice little shop and i don't want to work at one of those chain pet stores well enough about me . CONGRAT's :)

Most reactions

Back