Wild Betta antuta

Velvetgun

Reaction score
Who knows this species of wild betta? I saw several videos on youtube or facebook and I found one in a shop.
He was practically always hidden though and I wanted to understand if antuta is a shy species, what type of aquarium and water needs, if antuta can live in pairs, character, etc.

Attachments

• antuta compresso.mp4
    9.6 MB
You have good stores.

That's an extremely rare one, part of the equally uncommon in aquariums Betta unimaculata complex. I've kept a number of wild betta species, but I've never had that one. I've never seen it.

It should be a clearwater, male mouthbrooder, like a lot of bettas. It would be able to jump through the smallest openings. I would be very tempted, though I imagine its price is high. It's too uncommon not to try to breed though.

I'm jealous.

I keep Betta Antuta "Long Buang". They are not shy at all! My Antuta's are very out going and are always waiting for food. That Antuta may be stress from being plopped in a tank. Unimaculata complex are generally very out going group.

I keep Betta Antuta "Long Buang". They are not shy at all! My Antuta's are very out going and are always waiting for food. That Antuta may be stress from being plopped in a tank. Unimaculata complex are generally very out going group.
thank you so much for the reply.
Do you have any videos or photos? Do you keep the couples together and in how many liters? How do you behave for the children?

Most reactions

Back