why?

fishfight

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
:sad: i have 2 angel fish and i have some other fish too but anyways i also have a bubble stone and for some reason they keep floating into the bubbles and they ride the bubbles up to the top and they tumble too and i want to know if this behavior is normal.

Well fish tend to like to play in the bubbles, for whatever reasons. Not sure about what you mean by tumbling though.

:sad: they float all the way to the top and they they kinda flip around and upside down in the water thats what i mean about tumble

Wouldn't worry about it.

They obviously enjoy it otherwise they would just not do it and avoid the bubbles! :D

steve

I have a Golden Ram that does exactly the same. Perfectly healty fish and totally happy - he just seems to enjoy the bubbles B)

Fishes are funny that way. My female betta (inside a community tank) and my 2 swordtails like to play at the outlet valve of the filter/pump that I have. They go near it, then directly under... Then they'll tumble down :rofl: (as opposed to up) then swim away. Fun to watch, heh.

Yeah if they are swimming around fine the rest of the time and not "Tumbling" then I wouldn't worry, they just enjoy the bubbles :lol:

My BGK has a habit of riding the current out of my filter also (Wisper 60) I turn down the outflow when I feed him so he sits in my hand when I feed him, then after words I turn the filter up and he "frolics" in the wash from it. Quite entertaining for me to watch so I wouldn't worry too much about it. :kana:

my fish like the bubbles. my platies even like when water is getting poured in from water changes. they get in the current and swim in and out of it.

If you are unsure, tell me, how are they otherwise? Do they eat fine, do they swim around the rest of the tank fine, and how is their swimming (as in does it seem restless, or does it look strong like your other fish)

I have a pleco that plays in my bubbles most of the time, he like to fight against them and it has it rewards on him, because boy is he a strong swimmer now..

Also fish seem to love having bubbles run along their bellys a well, if you have well tamed fish that will feed from your hands, try stroking their bellies very gently depending on their size, they will love you for it, and will to you first when ever you put your hands in the tank again (Does it with my angels)

But as they said above, they can just be enjoying themselves, think of it as a fishy theme park ride, like a rollercoster

;)

I've noticed that bubbles and even the current from the filter outlet seem to entertain some fish, and some seem to become obsessed with it.

This should be OK if their natural habitat has running water, but be cautious if it does not. Fish that are not built for swimming against a current can exhaust themselves and this is a cause of stress that can weaken their immune systems and leave them more vulnerable to disease. :/

1 of my angels go for rides in the bubbles and my tyre-track eel always swims into the current on the filter outlet

think they just enjoy it

jmaster

THis reminds me of the Finding Nemo movie. That yellow fish ("Bubbles)! Everytime that tresure chest opens! :rofl: :rofl: "My BUBBLES!" :rofl: :rofl:

Most reactions

Back