Why Wont He Build A Bubble Nest?

H-Fish

Reaction score
Yes its a community tank but its a large tank 17 gal and not busy at all!!!
Slow filter flow, the female is ready to spawn but and he is showing interest but no bubble nest any ideas plz?

are you trying to breed them? were they in the tank together to start with? have you conditioned them? how long have you had them?

if you have done your research then breeding shouldnt be done in a community tank!

Have done some research!!! mainly gettin from u guys on here, had them week now and introduced them into tank at same time!!!

Can u tell me bout conditioning and how i can make it better for them and so on!!! she is ready to spawn. he is flirting but no bubble nest at all no attempt either.

Thanks H-Fish

Hi,
Is your profile updated? From looking there, it appears your tank is only 17-gallons and you have 13 fish in there. Is that correct? Plus you have guppy fry on top of that amount? Your tank is overstocked and if your bettas are still in that tank, why would it be safe to breed them there? They should be in their own tank for spawning and the female should be taken out right after her and the male spawn.

Is your 17-gallon even cycled (and are you checking the ammonia levels)? You need a cycled tank for all of your babies AND you need a plan of what to do with all the bettas you're planning to have. Once their juveniles, you cannot keep them together. Each will need their own place to live and you need a plan as to where that will be.

Oh, and one of my bettas is "fat" with eggs and just because she is, doesn't mean I'm going to breed her ;)

Most reactions

Back