Why Why Why!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

stevereade

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I have Staurogyne SP, I bought two pots which were not at all cheap, they were great to start with but now I have large holes in most of the leaves, looks like the hungry caterpillar had a go at it, any suggestions???

2WPG lighting
Andy's CO2 yeast method, average 30BPM with very good diffusion
5ml TPN+ daily
80litre tank
sand over gravel substrate

Everything else growing awesome, including star-grass which is apparently very hard to grow.
Wondered if it was my apple snails which have been moved out now as they ate most of my old HC Cuba and if they nibbled the leaves I'd imagine they'd get worse like swords do once they have a hole in the leaves but I'm just very worried as they were like 8 quid each. I have got them shooting new shoots out of the substrate but I'm worried it might be diseased or something. You can check my journal for the full plant listing, any help would be great.

Thanks

:good:

IME snails won't hole out plants, they will eat the leaf from edges. I think the plants lacking K. I'd up the TPN by a ml and see how you get on. It'll take a week or 2 to see a difference.

Hmmm, I'll give it a try, trust me its not a lack of CO2, since using Andy's yeast method my plant growth rate has at least doubled, if I trim any stem plants they're up to the surface again in less than a week lol.

Got rid of the snails as just had more HC Cuba turn up.

OK, but bear in mind that plants grow at different rates and are competative for nutrients. Do you have a drop checker?

Most reactions

Back