Why Does Everyone Else S Tanks Look So Good

Liquid skills

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hi i was looking around on the members tanks section everyones tanks look so good compard to mine, mine look like a 5 year old done it anyone have any suggestions for me to make my tank look good ?? here are my tanks:

050.jpg

009-8.jpg

all comments are welcome :)

There's promise there though! I think you need to make them look less regimented. ie in the Last photo you have all those plants just lined up next to each other on the left hand side, it doesn't look very natural.

Also don't have something in the middle of the tank, ie an ornament or wood, have it about a third of the way along the tank, so it is less symmetrical.

I decide what I want as the central point in my tank first, and then work backwards.

What other ornaments will go with the central theme.

Then decide what sort of fish I want to determine the number of plants to go in. Once I know the rough number of plants I want, i decide on ones that will look good with what is already in the tank and i put them in to cover up blank spaces.

Not that mine are anything like as good as the others here of course

This is my current one, not finished yet, but saw a volcano in the shop and went for that so went for a nice polynesian theme.

Why not just copy osmeone elses tank idea from one of the good design threads! I'm sure they wont mind (Or just don't tell them! hehe)

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 57
1. The plants in the background should be cut to remove the "humble".

2. This tank should be replanted and cleaned. The plants should be aligned in a more natural line, because you want to try to recreate the fishes natural habitat, but still be able to review them. Many tank owners usually plant (basic planting) along the left, back and right side of the glass. The larger plants are usually put towards the side, creating a more open look to the tank.

Otherwise, they look great, keep up! :good:

050.jpg

Remove the bamboo thing on the right, and place the rock to either the left or right a little so it's not so symmetrical, the plant on the rock could do with going in the back ground somewhere too.

Then add more suitable mid and foreground plants to create a better transition, my suggestions would be Crypts and Anubias, both low maintenance. I'd also recommend changing the bulb for something less purple, you'll be surprised at the difference it makes.

There's promise of a good planted tank here with a little bit of work, 8 potted plants will set you back £20 at Maidenhead Aquatics, I'd recommend some Anubias nana to go on the rock (2 pots) and then Cryptocoryne wendtii green (3 pots), Cryptocoryne wendtii brown (3 pots) and Pogostemon helferi for the very foreground (2 pots)

Why Does Everyone Else S Tanks Look So Good

lol because imho you will never be satisfied :blush:

what i mean is the more you look at other peoples tanks the more you want, i know i do.
ive had a few nice comments and as a noob i was very chuffed, but, #39#### its never good enough is it? i want crystal clear water so my fishies look like there floating in air i want a new tank with no scratches i want lots n lots :hyper:

have a look at something you really like and try and copy it with a slight twist, or just copy it, most people here will give you a full rundown of whats in there tanks, plants, fish , substrate, etc so just go for it.

also remember as well as loads of tanks looking better than ours, go online and you`ll find loads that are worse :good:

riffraff

050.jpg

I'd also recommend changing the bulb for something less purple
its kinda funny as the light is acc a pink lol i got it second hand with the tank i will change the light as soon as i have enough money thanks for the help guys i did this to the little tank earlier on today what do you think?

020-5.jpg

Get a 6 year old to help
whistling.gif

Your tanks look dead on. Sometimes it doesn't mater what you do. You always keep tinkering making changes because you never completely happy with the set up.

Looks much better already, good job.
its hard to customise my tank as its raised on each side to stop debris settling all over the tank floor and i need caves for my bottom dwellers uuuhhhh i just want a tank that people are like wow :(

Practice makes perfect. In my opinion your tanks look very nicely set up. You will keep tinkering with it until you find the right set up that you think looks excellent =)

Most reactions

Back