Why do people put incompatible fish in small tanks for views?

elephantnose3334

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm curious about fake, cruel 'fish channels' since March this year. I want to know why they put incompatible species like Rift Lake cichlids, Peters's elephantnose fish, goldfish and flowerhorn cichlids in a 5-10 gallon tanks for views and money. Is it because the owner is abusive to them behind the scenes? Or because they do it for fun? Can anyone know why they do it?

It's anyone's guess as to why they do it.
Do you have elephant nose fish? Post some pics if you do have them.

We do have a member @Elephant nose 4 who has 4 elephant nose fish. They are quite an interesting species. The member who has them has won a previous Fish of the Month contest displaying elephant nose fish. CLICK HERE to view the winner's thread.

Last edited:
Wow! I know elephantnose fish very well. This fish was put in a surprise egg in the most recent video of an abusive 'fish channel' and dumped in a small tank, along with incompatible fish. Never put elephantnose fish with cichlids or bettas.

I'm curious about fake, cruel 'fish channels' since March this year. I want to know why they put incompatible species like Rift Lake cichlids, Peters's elephantnose fish, goldfish and flowerhorn cichlids in a 5-10 gallon tanks for views and money. Is it because the owner is abusive to them behind the scenes? Or because they do it for fun? Can anyone know why they do it?
The channels you have been sharing are done purely for money, no other reason. You mentioned one of their videos has 29 million views which has likely made them a very significant amount of money - I think the current rate is 18 cents per 1000 views so somewhere around $50k over the videos lifetime?

The channels you have been sharing are done purely for money, no other reason. You mentioned one of their videos has 29 million views which has likely made them a very significant amount of money - I think the current rate is 18 cents per 1000 views so somewhere around $50k over the videos lifetime?
Maybe. These fish deserve better...

Maybe. These fish deserve better...
Definitely but you sometimes have to forget what other people are doing and concentrate on your own tank. I can tell this channel is really troubling you but there isnt much we can do other than not watch the videos. Even talking about them here will cause more people to watch their videos which is kind of all they want...

In reality we can only hope that they take the fish they use in the videos back to a store where they have a better chance of a good life. You can see in their videos the tanks are set up in a set display so are only likely there on a temporary basis - maybe a few hours if that.

Definitely but you sometimes have to forget what other people are doing and concentrate on your own tank. I can tell this channel is really troubling you but there isnt much we can do other than not watch the videos. Even talking about them here will cause more people to watch their videos which is kind of all they want...

In reality we can only hope that they take the fish they use in the videos back to a store where they have a better chance of a good life. You can see in their videos the tanks are set up in a set display so are only likely there on a temporary basis - maybe a few hours if that.
I have a fish tank (40 litre) which houses 6 silvertip tetras, 6 cardinal tetras and a dwarf gourami named Sunset. Got the latter 2 from Vebas Aquariums in O'Connor and the Silvertips from Petbarn.

I have a fish tank (40 litre) which houses 6 silvertip tetras, 6 cardinal tetras and a dwarf gourami named Sunset. Got the latter 2 from Vebas Aquariums in O'Connor and the Silvertips from Petbarn.
Awesome make sure you post some pics!

Why do people put incompatible fish in small tanks for views?​

They get more views when they do that... No matter if it's out of curiosity, excitement or whatever why people would watch this, it feeds the counter. That's what those people are aiming at. Wellbeing of the fish is of lesser value than the video take itself if the increasing number of views are involved. Especially when the goal is to make money out of these videos.

Don't forget that disturbing video themes make more viewers and money than videos with morality. Unfortunately but true...

Whaaat ! ? ! ? Are you saying that they are not doing it for the advancement of human knowledge ?

Whaaat ! ? ! ? Are you saying that they are not doing it for the advancement of human knowledge ?
Well obvs not but some people might brush it off as being fun for the kids or because they just enjoy it but just want to brush that fluff away, it’s all about them making money…

Most reactions

Back