Who Is The Male?

ibbledibble

Fish Addict
Reaction score
ok so my sorority tank is still developing bubblenests even though the DTPK male is now outed. i have my suspicions, but would appreciate some advice from people more knowledgeable than me. :blush:

so here are the contents of the tank

princess
P3010006.jpg

P3010005.jpg

cleo
P3010095.jpg

P1210002.jpg

petal
P3010121.jpg

petal3-1.jpg

aphrodite
P3010099.jpg

P2080026.jpg

crystal
P3010108.jpg

P3010104.jpg

zephyr
P3010112.jpg

P3010114.jpg

my main suspect is zephyr, because i have never seem "her" with an egged up shape, unlike the others and the ventrals are quite long.
but cleo and petal seem to have taken the brunt of the bullying when gemini was still in the tank, so wondered if this could be because they were male too?

they all look very eggy to me..... i know some females will build bubble nests. iv had one female in my sorority and there were never any nests till i had to seperate them out for afew days.

Yes I agree they are all girls. Some girls will blow bubblenests.

Yes I agree they are all girls. Some girls will blow bubblenests.

they look like girls to me, how many gallons is the tank?,, one of my females will make bubbles too,, maby u have a small tnak with too little fish? too small tank with only a few fish can lead to territory issues,, 6 to 10 are better so no one fish gets all the beatings

I've caught one of my girls blowing bubbles.
It was only a couple of bubbles but she still blew them in a specific spot and inspected them.

It looks like you can see the eggs in them in some of your lighter colored girls. So they obviously aren't male :p
Zephyr's vents do look a bit long, but I can't really tell if it's male or female. She looks eggy to me though.

As others have already said... they all look female to me. And maybe you just have a girl who blew a bubblenest.
If you aren't sure about one of them though then of course you shouldn't hesitate to seperate until you're sure :)

Most reactions

Back