White Ghost Shrimp

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

robgurr

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My ghost shrimp turned white today, is it sick or is it just shedding???

I've seen it before with shedding and not shedding though when it's not shedding, I've never seen them die of it and I don't know what it means in those instances.

Its most likely just shedding/moulting, whatever the "proper" name for it is. Sorry, Im in kind of a bad mood. If anyone wants to know why, PM me, lol.
Sean

I'm resurrecting this old thread because my ghost shrimp are also getting whitish. I've seen at least 2 skins in my tank in recent weeks but don't know which shrimp they're from. BUT I only have 3 shrimp in this tank so I'm wondering how often they shed?

IM RESSURECTING THIS TOPIC! U GUYS ARE STUPID! IF THEY TURN MILKY WHITE THAT MEANS THEY ARE DIEING. HONESTLY, DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY SOMETHING.

Sorry for having caps on but you guys are just so....

.. stupid..

i think its a sheading thing if on out side sick if milky inside i had one with whitish shell and now a skin in the tank

IM RESSURECTING THIS TOPIC! U GUYS ARE STUPID! IF THEY TURN MILKY WHITE THAT MEANS THEY ARE DIEING. HONESTLY, DO SOME RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY SOMETHING.

.. stupid..

How long after they turn white are they suppose to die as I bought 9 and one of them was milky white and it it still active and it has been a month. I had not done no research on these as they were to feed to my ACFs. My son loved them too much so they are with the baby ACF that our couple had this summer which are too small to eat them yet. Just wondering how long after turning milky white are they suppose to die as this one is the only one white and now it has green eggs inside that were not there 2 days ago and it has been that colouring for at least a month.

Any reply would be appreciated

Are you sure its a cherry shrimp it could be snowball or Cardinia Babulti as red colour morphs are sometimes mistaken for RCS. The green balls are eggs.

.. stupid..

How rude

Most reactions

Back