White bubbles.....

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

luvmyfish

Reaction score
What are the large amounts of bubbles that have formed in my tank. I can't tell if they are coming from the filter or not. The filter is not helping though. It's just pushing all the bubbles around. Is this a bad sign?

Do u have any gouramis or betta's in the tank ?

...U ask if its coming from the filter...well only u can answer that lol is the filter giving out bubbles ? :p :shifty: :D

It possibly is. It is hard to tell when the filter just keeps pushing them around. But yes it most likely is coming from the filter. I don't think our betta could make that many bubbles...

my betta made a bubble cluster of approximatelya cirlce of a diameter of 3 inches - just a little smaller than a cd, in like 2 days - and its a lil thick in places too

tazz

Our betta normally makes bubbles but not enough to cover the top of the tank. Not completely but enough to know that something might be wrong.

some fish are bubble nest breeders. the bubble nest is usually at the bottom of the tank though. sometimes i get bubbles at the top. especially with the powerheads. never had problems though. could be the calcium buildup in the water.

maggie

Most reactions

Back