Which Tank?

pingaling

Reaction score
Hi I am about to get my first tank and just wondered if I should get a tank with filter, light etc built in, or if I should buy a plain glass tank and add filter, light, heater etc. Thanks , looking forward to your feedback.

If the built in filter is a biowheel i would get it if not then get the tank then buy a biowhel such as a Marineland Emporor or a Marineland Penguin filtration system.

Hi pingaling and Welcome to TFF!

Both approaches to putting together one's first setup have worked well for people. When you first start in the hobby there are just probably too many details to master to get every piece of equipment worked out to what you will eventually really want, so you have to just go with something and then eventually make changes.

If you have a lot of patience and energy, you can research all the bits of equipment and get closer to satisfaction, but sometimes the kits can give you a good start. It just depends on your own situation and personality.

Personally, I find the choosing and setting up of equipment to be an enjoyable part of the hobby but that's just me and I know that there are other people who just want to get past that to the fish and plants.. there are plenty of both types of people. One good thing about a forum like this is there are often members out there for each of the types of kits and they can give their experience.

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

Back