Which online store is the best to buy your plants.

Platinumpete

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am planning on buying a plant package for my 10 gallon tank. I am wondering which oniline aquarium plant store do you think has a better deal and plant quality. I narrow it down to two sites.....
http://www.freshwateraquariumplants...tegory_Code=PAP
which has 11 plants for 17.99, they chose plants that suits your tank's condition.

and http://aquariumplant.com/cgi-bin/cart/as080.html
which has 12 for 24.99, they chose plants randomly.

So if anyone has experience with these online stores or just want to give me input which store they think is better, please respond.

thanks!

I have already done research on the plants suited for my tank…. Currently it’s a 10 gallon tank with two screw in fluorescence 10 watt 6500k light bulbs from walmart. So 2wpg, Is that right? I have a diy co2, tetra flora pride and regular gravel. I have an anubias nana attached to a driftwood, a Japanese rush and a anubias barteri The tank has been running for 6months and little improvement has been done on it. The plan for my tank is to first of all add more light, I found 2 screw in fluorescence 20 watt 6500k light for 8 bucks at walmart for a total of 40 wpg. Buy a bag of seachem fluorite to have 50/50 mix with gravel. And buy more plants. Sounds ok with you guys? I want low-light loving plants.

My plant wish list includes:
Java fern
Java fern lace windelov
Java moss
Cryptocoryne ( wendti, lucen etc…)
Hornwort
Borneo/African fern

Plants I want in my tank but not sure if they are suited for my tank. Some people say they are low light and some say they aren’t:
Dwarf hygrophilla
Tiger lotus
Corkscrew vals
Dwarf sag

These plants should be ok in my 10 gallon’s condition. I am surrounded by petco, petmarts and LFS but their plants are either over priced or in poor condition. So I thinking my best bet is to buy my plants online hoping they would give me plants in good condition.

I got some of my plants from ebay. Just make sure the seller does 2-3 day mail and ships the plants in a seeled bag with some water.

Other than that, aquariumplants.net i heard is good.

Most reactions

Back