Which online retailers sell true giant bettas?

Mint

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m trying to get a true giant betta. By this, I mean a betta that gets about 3-5 inches, is more peaceful than a regular betta, and probably a fair bit fatter than a normal one. Not king betta. Who sells them?
It would also be good if you knew if this listing was actually a giant betta.
I’m considering buying them. If you know how trustworthy this retailer is, that would be good.
If you know that about this one as well, that would be helpful.

Last edited:
These are cultivars, and outside of the show circuit, the standards defining 'giant' are hazy. Any time you are looking for linebred fancy fish, you are better to seek out a reputable breeder.

There's no such fish as a giant Betta. They are simply older bigger males.

There's no such fish as a giant Betta. They are simply older bigger males.
No, there definitely are: I’ve been to a fish store that sold them, and they were a solid five inches long and fatter than any betta I’ve ever seen.

These are cultivars, and outside of the show circuit, the standards defining 'giant' are hazy. Any time you are looking for linebred fancy fish, you are better to seek out a reputable breeder.
Unfortunately, I don’t live near regular breeders, let alone one selling giants. There is a fish store that keeps the bettas well (2 gal tank for every betta, Indian almond leaves in each tank), but they only sell plakat giants and I’m trying to get a Halfmoon. I think I might just risk it and buy one, see how big he gets.

Most reactions

Back