Which Fish Should I Get?

laurahobson

Reaction score
I want to get some smaller fish tomorrow for my communtiy tank, anyone got any suggestions? we have neon tetras, rummy nose tetras and zebra danios and guppys our other fish are...............

Plec
Clown loaches
pearl gourami
Glass catfish
male sword tail
female sword tail
Sliver shark
Rams ( but they are in another tank at the moment)
Peppered cat fish

What size tank is it? Presuming a nice big six footer with plecs, clown loaches and silver sharks :)

Ah right cool :) Whats the total capacity? And numbers of the other fish, when adding small fish you have to be careful of what big fish you mix them with - admittedly I cant see anything on your list that are that predatory. But just need to work out numbers :)

Wills

Ah right cool :) Whats the total capacity? And numbers of the other fish, when adding small fish you have to be careful of what big fish you mix them with - admittedly I cant see anything on your list that are that predatory. But just need to work out numbers :)

Wills
we have already worked out how many fish we can put in ect, just wanted some ideas really, we want some fish that get no bigger than zebra danios, Our tank is very peacefull and we dont have any problems between the bigger fish and smaller fish

take a look at galaxy rasbora/celestial pearl danios, they are small and awesome looking but can get expensive, the grow about and inch long

okay well personally Im not prepared to give advice unless I have all the facts good luck with the tank

Wills is absolutely correct, nobody should be giving advice without all the facts available. How do you know you are giving good or bad advice in that scenario?

It could be that lauras tank is already overstocked and this is something we need to know before suggesting more fish to add.

A 6ft tank isnt big enough for bala sharks in the long run for example, they require an 8ft ideally so all these factors have to be taken into consideration.

Andy

Most reactions

Back