Which Filter

dusty2

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm looking at buying an external filter for my tank. So far it's between the Eheim Ecco Pro and the Tetra Tec EX700. Has anybody out there any experience of these filters or can you suggest another option. I have 2 tanks. One is 125ltr and the other is 200ltr.

when i was looking for my external a while ago the eccos didnt get much of a good review although some people have used them without fault :unsure: never owned a tetratec but they seem to get praised on here.
i run an eheim classic 2215 and cant fault it really, a rena xp3 which again is good and an aquaone 1000 aquis and a 750 aquis advanced which are also good :good:
ive probably not helped you with your question and confused you more...... sorry!!! :crazy:

when i was looking for my external a while ago the eccos didnt get much of a good review although some people have used them without fault :unsure: never owned a tetratec but they seem to get praised on here.
i run an eheim classic 2215 and cant fault it really, a rena xp3 which again is good and an aquaone 1000 aquis and a 750 aquis advanced which are also good :good:
ive probably not helped you with your question and confused you more...... sorry!!! :crazy:
Thanks Mattlee. Looks like more research. Nothings easy!

Tetratec EX700, I purchased one and have had no problems, easy to set up , and maintain :good:
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/fish/filters_pumps/canister_filters
http://www.warehouse-aquatics.co.uk/aquarium-filtration/external-filters-c-203_290.html?p=shop
Happy hunting :good:

For the smaller tank, I would probably use a Rena XP1. My experience with them on 29 gallon tanks, about 110 litres, is that they are great. For the 200 litre tank I would go with the XP2, in fact I did go for one on a 55 gallon US tank which is almost exactly the same size. I have no idea which size to suggest for the Fluval or Eheim products. I do have experience with a Marineland C series that I think is the same as the EX700 filter. It is a great little filter for the smaller tank but might come up short on the larger one. The only problem that I had with it is that the shutoff valve on the filter is not very good so I had to keep the hoses above the tank's water level while cleaning the filter.

Most reactions

Back