which dwarf cichlid??

miggi

Reaction score
Hi, i'm a newbie here! Just a quickie for you, I have a 4 ft tank with 2 corys, 4 swordtails, 1 kissing gourami and 2 opaline gourami. I would really love to keep a type of dwarf but am unsure which one. i had set my heart on 'laetacara dorsigeri' a beautiful fish but i want to be sure i choose a reasonably peaceful variety. do u have any experience of this fish? or another that would mix well in a community tank? the only type of cichlid i kept b4 (ages ago) was some kribs. Lovely but got very aggresive esp when breeding!! lol.
I hope someone can help.
Thanks
miggi

get some rams! either bolivian or german blues! i have a pair of bolivians and they're great! And they only get to 3", and they're very peaceful!

miggi said:
Hi, i'm a newbie here! Just a quickie for you, I have a 4 ft tank with 2 corys, 4 swordtails, 1 kissing gourami and 2 opaline gourami. I would really love to keep a type of dwarf but am unsure which one. i had set my heart on 'laetacara dorsigeri' a beautiful fish but i want to be sure i choose a reasonably peaceful variety. do u have any experience of this fish? or another that would mix well in a community tank? the only type of cichlid i kept b4 (ages ago) was some kribs. Lovely but got very aggresive esp when breeding!! lol.
I hope someone can help.
Thanks
miggi
The lateacara dorsiger is closely related to L.curviceps[ and are often confused for each other ] , both are IMO peaceful and fairly easy to care for , and a good choice as well .

I've kept both , great fish .

Actually i am not sure if will be able to get hold of them here, it seems that no shop has them, I have left details with one to see if they can - just have to wait and see. :( . I can get rams easily tho, and normal flags.
Thanks for the replies peeps!!!

firemouths are actually a good idea :lol: but theacaras would be too aggresive, maybe a Keyhole cichlid which is a dwarf acara would be good :nod:

Most reactions

Back