Which Catfish, Or Plec?

TheRedDarren

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi,
may have to invest in a catfish to cure my massive hair algae problem.
The only thing is it has to be from Asia, because my set up is Asian fish only. Its a Rio 180, 100 - 40 - 50 cm.
thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Considering all plecs are catfish and none are from Asia, your choices are very limited. :p Don't know of any agreeable Asian algae eaters though. CAE's grow up to be aggressive and stop eating algae and most others I can think of are unsuitable one way or another.

Best way to clean algae though is to do it yourself. :p

How about the Siamese Algae Eater, don't know anything about their personality, but there must be score of people on here who keep them and can tell.

Bristlenose plecs are good algae eaters and they should be ok with your fish. :)

How about the Siamese Algae Eater, don't know anything about their personality, but there must be score of people on here who keep them and can tell.
I am guessing that the chinese algae eater and the siamese algae eater are the same, and their personality sucks. They only eat algae for a short time and then become agressive towards other fish. I do not recommend this fish to anyone ever. (Not to knock your sugesstion dwarfgourami)

Siamese are not the same, they stay small and I completely forgot about them and Flying Foxes. :eek:

Siamese are not the same, they stay small and I completely forgot about them and Flying Foxes. :eek:
Yeah i just did some more reading and figured that out, but the thing i was reading said that flying foxes were siamese algae eaters.

Wow what a resemblence the three of them have to each other. I could see where a pet store or person could get the 3 of them confused or think they were the same fish. Thanks for the link i learned alot.

Most reactions

Back