Where?

petaldust

Reaction score
I am wanting to get some betta splendens, possibly to breed for some time in the future. I have everything ready to go apart from the fish, what i want is a male and possibly some females to keep seperate, i have a 30 Litre for the male and a 90 Litre aquarium for the females all cycled and heated ready to go. The type of betta i want is not available in my LFS, i would like possibly Crown Tail, Comb tail or mainly the (Plakat), the only one available in my LFS is the Veil Tail, which is still pretty but not for me, any ideas where i can get any of the above (North East UK) Cheers. :D

Are you aware how much space you need to breed Betta Splendens? Once the fry start growing (IF you get that far) require small spaces of water each. So ideally lots of small jars/tanks that can be filtered/heated for individual fish to grow in. Especially once the males start maturing after a couple of weeks. One tank isnt going to be ok for females or males with fry.

If your already aware of this then thats ok :) And try eBay for Betta Splendens, you find quite a few rarer ones on there.

yeah sorry i have got alot of small tanks around 20 that i have been collecting, i hope that would be enough i will check ebay now.. Do they send the fish to you? is that possible :)

Yes they should send them via courier to you upon purchase. Never bought fish online myself but know people who have. All of whom are members on here.

well i tried ebay and no joy, hopefully tomorrow i might find some i like in differnt petstores, thanks for the advice.

where in the north east are you?

Yes, if you could give us a general region it would help a lot. For instance if you live in the Cleveland area, Paddock Farm Water Gardens usually has superdeltas, crowntails and the odd plakat for sale in some gorgeous colours. That's the place at Dalton Gates near the Croft circuit. My superdelta came from there.

SDdragon.jpg

He looks a lot nicer in the flesh :)

Edited for spelling.

Yeah im from Stockton on Tees, ive been to pet mania, pets at home and norton aquatics and no joy.. Do you know if there is any in the Middlesbrough/Stockton/Billingham area, Cheers :)

I don't know of any shops selling more than veiltails in those towns. If you can get to Paddock Farm, they have the best ones. Maidenhead Aquatics in Strikes at Stokesley usually have crowntails when they have bettas in stock, though recently they haven't had any - or at least not when I've been there. The trouble is they're not easy to get to if you don't have a car. Peter Barratt in Eaglescliffe sometimes has crowntails, but I'd go there as a last resort unless you intend to quarantine the fish when you get them. After a couple of bad experiences I don't trust them any more. Maybe try Teesside Koi and Aquatics, in Orde Wingate Way near the post office sorting office in Stockton (they do sell tropicals despite the name)
You'll have more trouble finding females as most shops in the area don't stock them. Again, Paddock Farm and Maidenhead Aq usually do, and sometimes Teesside Koi.

Since i cannot drive yet, your last resort is the closest to me and is my first lol, i didnt think it would be this hard to get some of these fish, unless someone around here is breeding them :p !

you could ask pet mania if they can get anything fancy in but meh, i doubt it. Chilton Aquatics (half hour drive from billingham :/ ) have some lovely crowntail males and females in.
Im pretty sure if you ask though that some places will order you one in. Teesside koi might be worth a try for it

Most reactions

Back