Where To Put Things In Tank?

cookie_db

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just finished filling up my tank with water and put the heater and filter in. I have a fluval 4 plus. I've placed the filter on the right hand side glass in the back corner facing along the back of the tank. The heater is diagonally and kind of in front of the filter. (Hope that makes sense to you :) ) Was about to put my thermometer on and was wondering where the best place to put the sensor is. Or if I should be moving any of the other bits to different places. I have no idea really.

Thanx
Dani

Just finished filling up my tank with water and put the heater and filter in. I have a fluval 4 plus. I've placed the filter on the right hand side glass in the back corner facing along the back of the tank. The heater is diagonally and kind of in front of the filter. (Hope that makes sense to you :) ) Was about to put my thermometer on and was wondering where the best place to put the sensor is. Or if I should be moving any of the other bits to different places. I have no idea really.

Thanx
Dani

Hi,

I had my fluval filter and Heater in the same position when I first set my tank up. I put the Thermometer sensor as far away as possible from the heater, That way you can see if the heater is doing a good enough job to warm the water enough. Also with the Heater in front of the filter you will get some of the heated water sucked into the filter and pushed around the tank properly that will,also help to get the heat distributed around the tank.

Hope this helps,

Richard

IMO heater should be in the back center> Thats my thoughts!!

Yeah I guess that would be the most logical place. Just need to work out where I'll stick the thermometer on the outside as I didn't really want it in your face if you know what I mean. Was thinking of putting it on the same glass panal as the filter but I guess that's not the best place.I'll just have to think that bit over again.
My heater isn't far off central really.

Thanx
Dani

As long as you have decent water circulation it doesn't matter where you put these items. Most people put heaters & filters where they can be hidden by decorations, and the thermometer where it can be easily seen.

i have a hang on back filter and i put it on the left corner. i put the heater opposite the filter and vertically in the back right corner. and i place the thermometer opposite the heater in the front left corner.

If it's a stick-on thermometer for the outside of the tank, you'd be better of with the more traditional glass internal type. The stick-on ones are affected by the ambient room temperature; the heat in the room will affect the temperature of the outside glass.

I've got a digital thermometer made by marina. I just don't want to have to stick the lcd for it somewhere where it stares at you but I think I'll put the sensor in the front right corner. It's not that big and the the lcd screen can go where i originally wanted it.

Thanx
Dani

Most reactions

Back