where to get esha ndx

weirdfishes

Reaction score
is there somewhere online that i can get esha ndx or does anyone know what else can work for callamanus in my platys? One of my girls died today and after checking my other fish they all have the infection and i feel TERRIBLE. pls help i don't want my fish to die.

Last edited:
Levamisole will treat thread/ round worms in fish.
Praziquantel treats tape/ flat worms in fish.
Flubendazole treat tape and round worms in fish. If you can get Flubendazole (it is available in the US) you can treat all the different worms that might be in your fish.

Section 3 of the following link has information about deworming fish.

eSHa is European brand and probably not available in the US. Are there no products in the US which contain the active ingredients that Colin listed?

American members on here often use medication intended for land animals, though you'd someone to help with the dosage.

eSHa is European brand and probably not available in the US. Are there no products in the US which contain the active ingredients that Colin listed?

American members on here often use medication intended for land animals, though you'd someone to help with the dosage.
i looked up the levamisole since i am pretty sure that it is callamanus that i am dealing with..google says there is levamisole at petco but i check the website and its not for fish nor are they in stock so i am looking on amazon and i am thinking of buying API general cure because thats what comes up..will this work?

API General cure has Metronidazole and Praziquantel in.
Metronidazole is an antibiotic and should not be used unless the fish have an internal protozoan or bacterial infection.
Praziquantel treats tapeworm and does not do anything to thread/ round worms like Camallanus or Capillaria.

You need Levamisole or Flubendazole to treat Camallanus worms in fish. You can sometimes get a liquid form of Levamisole from stock feeders. Otherwise look for Flubendazole.

API General cure has Metronidazole and Praziquantel in.
Metronidazole is an antibiotic and should not be used unless the fish have an internal protozoan or bacterial infection.
Praziquantel treats tapeworm and does not do anything to thread/ round worms like Camallanus or Capillaria.

You need Levamisole or Flubendazole to treat Camallanus worms in fish. You can sometimes get a liquid form of Levamisole from stock feeders. Otherwise look for Flubendazole
thank you so much.. can i ask what will happen if metronidazole is used?

If you use API General Cure once a week for 3 weeks to treat tapeworm (it doesn't treat threadworms like Camallanus), you risk creating bacteria that are resistant to Metronidazole (drug resistant bacteria).

Praziquantel will not treat Camallanus. You need Levamisole or Flubendazole to kill the threadworms.

If you use API General Cure to treat threadworms in fish, you are wasting your money and won't treat the fish.

Most reactions

Back