Where To Cut External Access Hole?

Christoff

Reaction score
Hi. I'm looking for some advice for a stand build I'm doing. It's a basic cupboard design 68cm tall, 102cm length and 46cm depth. I'm prob going to get a Juwel vision 180 to go on it. Question is, I may want to upgrade to an external and remove the Juwel internal right from the word go (any advice on whether this is a good idea welcome!) and I'll put the external in the cupboard base. Therefore I'll obviously need to cut a hole in the back panel of the base to allow the external's pipes and power cable to get in (getting to my question now I promise), so: do I cut this access hole at the top or the bottom of the back panel and how big should it be? I got there finally. Thanks in advance.

Chris

i would leave a gap as wide as half the cabinet at the top for the tubes. this way you can move the filter without any trouble and it will give the tubes a more direct line to the inlet/outlets in the tank. much less fiddly....

Using my external, a Fluval 305 as a gauge you'll need a hole cut towards the top of the cabinet. Something like a 6" by 6" say around 4" from the top of the cabinet should do. Where this hole is would really depend on where you want to place the filter ie left or right or middle of the cabinet.

Most reactions

Back