Where Does Everyone Get These Awesome Plecos!?

markaj04

Reaction score
I'm in Buffalo NY and all i've EVER seen are commen plec's. I'd love to get a bristlenose or something much nicer looking and smaller than a common pleco. Where could I get em!?

They have them at most lfs, not usually at Petsmart, Petsco ect...

Try asking your LFS to get some or if they're slow as hell like mine was, order them online. I got my albino bn's for cheaper than if I'd gone through the LFS.

hmm, i never thought of ordering fish online! how does this even work? Id imagine the fish would come dead... haha

No, they usually arrive overnight or express 2 day shipping. They come bagged boxed and with heat or cooling packs depending on the season. A good dealer will give you an estimation on the cost before shipping but it's not necessarily the final shipping fee.

Fish are shipped all the time across the world!

The shipper must pay close attention to careful shipping practices, such as proper preparation of the fish, proper bagging and packaging, etc. If you have the choice, definately go with overnight shipping because it is the safest method for the fish to ship, short of same day which costs an arm and a leg!

Also make sure you adhere to proper acclimation procedures, just as if you were to buy the fish at a local fish store.

Try the link in my signature and see if anything strikes your fancy! ;)

Most reactions

Back