Where Do You Buy Your Fish, Food & Equipment?

Where do you buy your fish?

• LFS or LPS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chain Store

• Internet

• Other

• Total voters

Gazoo

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I tend to purchase fish at my favorite [acronym="Local Fish Store"]LFS[/acronym] and then buy my food and equipment from any source depending on who has the best price. What do you do?

I get my food and equipment from the lfs, but have done various things for fish: bought from lfs, from online lfs and from breeder.

i love the lfs by me called country critters..... many fish over 300.000 gallons of fish tanks.. if not more... not including the show cases with big arowanas and a pond.

i put lfs but not sure now thinking of it :lol: because it's a water garden so i should of put other

To anyone buying fish or food from your lfs; Join a local aquarium club. Start here; http://fins.actwin.com/dir/clubs.php

You would not believe how cheap you can get fish & supplies from auctions, swaps, and local breeders. Clubs will often buy food in bulk, giving the members the product at cost. You don't have to be a breeder to be a member, or even own fish. Many of the members of the club I'm involved with have 1 or 2 tanks; they reap the same benefits as any other member.

I’ll buy bbs online, usually splitting a case of 12 cans with a couple other people. Once in a while I’ll buy other supplies online, usually I bulk, and sell off a few of whatever to friends. Food & other supplies I get through the club, tanks & other goodies usually come from auctions. I can’t remember the last time I bought a fish from any place other than an auction or another breeder.

I get fish, food and supplies from all over, depending on who has what I'm looking for at the right price.

i buy all my supplies from my work, we sell basically everything for most pets and i get a great discount, so no need to go anywhere else :p

I buy almost all of my fish online at Shark Aquarium or Aquascape.

Food I buy almost exclusively at the grocery store with a rare exception at the lfs for baby fish.

Equipment I buy almost exclusively online at Big Al's. More than half the price cheaper than anywhere else in stores or lfs around me.

I voted other because I tend ot go wherever things are chaper and better quaity (same product mind you) and its dependant on what I'm looking for.

My local Maidenhead Aquatics, and also another smaller aquatics centre that is near where my mum lives.
I'm well known at both of them, and always trust their advice.

Most reactions

Back