Where Can I Get Aqua Babies From

i luv cat fish

Reaction score
before people start having a go & its cruel i have got a fish tank with filter ect in :look: for them

now all i need is the fish so where can i get aqua babies from i think you can get them from the shopping centre in manchester but have not seen any & if you think about it if you tell me where i can get them from they will be going in a tank not a plastic thing

thankies :)

i think most respectable places refuse to stock them

why don't you just get your fish from an LFS?

so where do you think will have them
can u name a place
they do nt sell Aqua Babies from my local ones

you probably wont be able to find aqua babies anywhere, the shops have come to their senses.

Just buy fish from your local fish shop, as cat stated

DD

seriously love, get your fish from an LFS
chances are they'll be better bred than those used in aqua babies
be healthier and live longer
it'll be better in the long run.

And how big is this tank meant to be? I'm 80% sure aquababies are not sold in the UK, and if they are, they won't be soon... Why aquababies (ie, supporting and giving money to a company you say is cruel) when you can buy fish elsewhere?

I am confused about this post...

not knowing what aquababies were I did a search which revealed disgustingly small tanks, with no filtration, etc, with fish that grow almost as large as the tank. Do they actually ship these things with the fish in them???

Anyway, if you have a tank with filter etc, why do you want one of these? For the fish in them? Or are you saying that you have a filter to use with one if you find one?

If all you need is the fish, you will be able to get almost any of them in a decent fish store... so why the need to track down aqua babies?

Whats a aqua baby :unsure: ??

www.aquababies.com

they are horribly small "tanks" that I assume people are buying because they may look cool...

about the only thing i would put in one of those is a snail... if that.

Hmmm ... you shouldnt call them horrible. But ya they are a little bit to small
:/

I am guessing it would be a 1-gallon quarium. I doubt you can put any fish in that. Maybe a couple of snails but thats about it. I would suggest that since you are looking for a small tank go for a 7.5 gallon hex and maybe add a dwarf puffer. It would look real nice. ;)

one letter from a supposed owner

Name: Sharon Jenkins
I am a Registered Nurse and first saw "Aqua Babies" in a patient's room. It is one of the "coolest" things I have ever seen! I couldn't wait to get one of my own. I can't describe how much joy this micro fish ecosystem brought to my patient. I purchased mine in Emanuel Hospital's gift shop, in Portland, Oregon. Everyone in intensive care, where I was working that day, was fascinated with the little tank. In just 2 of the days I worked there, I saw several people carrying their new fish home. I would love to see every hospitalized child with one of your aquariums. I would be interested in any ideas you might have along these lines. I am impressed with how healthy the fish, snail and plant are in my tiny aquarium. Congratulations on a truly unique product!

wouldn't a thing like this be banned from a hosiptal enviroment

The fish used in aquababies tanks are not a particular breed of fish suited for small tanks; they are the usual fish sold in any lfs. This is why so many people are against aquababies tanks; because they take fish that need a much greater space and put them in tiny containers where they cannot find the space for their normal behaviour. The aquababies encourage you to keep single specimens of schooling fish, and put fast swimmers in tanks with no open space. A bit like keeping a pony in the cupboard under the stairs IMO.

If you already have a tank, the pet shop is the place to get the fish. However, do please please reasearch any fish you get and try to find out what it needs in terms of space to move, filtration, companions etc.

If you have a small tank, there are still a few options (from local fish shop). A betta is the obvious one, in anything from 1.5 gallons and upwards. Shrimps are another option. African dwarf frogs also do not require a very large tank. Triops or sea monkeys are also a possibility. If the tank is smaller than 1.5 gallon then you probably are stuck with something like sea monkeys.

You will still need to research the needs of your pets in terms of water changes, suitable quantities of food etc. The advice given on the aquababies web site is not at all appropriate.

After looking at that website, I can't believe that they would keep danios in there!

We have 10 danios at home, and I know that 1 danio on his own wants LOTS of space to play and fight, and that they enjoy small schools.

How can a danio be happy in that environment?

(But if you want to take them out and put them in a differnt container, all the more power to you I guess)

Most reactions

Back