Where can i buy a birchir ?

Bustacapp

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Im from oklahoma and have a 55g tank and its just finished cycling and i want to get a birchir of some sort pref the ornate kind but im having trouble findingwhere to buy them are they illegal in the states (like snakeheads) or just very hard to find ive also tried looking on aqua bid and haveyet been able to find one

In the UK there not on the suppliers lists at the moment, some fish are only avaible at some times in the year.

The good puffers you casn only get for 2 months of the year!!

There are still some knocking around in the UK.
I've seen various new shipments come in this week....

No they are legal in all states. There are a cpl online retailers or just ask your lfs to order them for you -Anne

A word about ornate bichirs they are the most nocturnal of the family. Bichirs with pattern are P.polli and P.delhezi they stay in the 12''-14'' range or if you want personlity P.s.senegalus can not be beat not real colorful but all the personality in the world -Anne

You could probably ask a LFS to special order one for you, or if that doesn't work, check out Aquabid. There's usually a polypterid or two on there ;)

thanks for the info im goin to my lfs tomorrow and see if i can order a senegal or oranate is a 55g big enough ?

Most reactions

Back