Where Are They?

puppyjess123

Doing first planted tank :)
Reaction score
Okay my molly has given birth (ornage gravid spot and much thinner and now acting normal) but the thing is i cna't fins any fry! Theres lots of hiding spaces and i'm sure she gave birth (male following, she was acting strange etc). I have 2 opaline gouramis, 5 zebra fish, 6 cories, 2 plecs (one albino, one common) 5 neons, 3 mollies, 2 swordtails. Would any of these eaten them?

Fish can soon make a snack of them.
There pretty good hiders aswell, sometimes they will even try to bury themselves under the substrate.
Float a plant at the surface of the tank.
Also it wise to put some netting over the filter outlet so the fry don't get sucked into the filter.

Fish can soon make a snack of them.
There pretty good hiders aswell, sometimes they will even try to bury themselves under the substrate.
Float a plant at the surface of the tank.
Also it wise to put some netting over the filter outlet so the fry don't get sucked into the filter.

ive found that water lettuce and duckweed is really good if you want babies to survive, they just hide in it.

yes nearly all your fish will happily munch on fry, if you really want fry to survive you need to move the mother to a seperate tank before she gives birth, otherwise it's survival of the fittest and a few may make it but the vast majority won't.

Well i unfrotanutley have n floating plants and my dad only takes me o p@h on weekends if im lucky. And as well we have no netting would they get sucked into a fluval 3 + the holes seem so small.

It 's wise to put netting over the filter flow when you have fry just attach it with a rubber band.
I use old fish nets.
Or you can use ladies tights or stockings.

Where the water comes out of the filter.

Depends on the type of filter.
You can put the filter in a pair of rights.
You just cut one of the legs out of the tights, cut to size then put the filter in it and then tie it up or use a rubber band.

Moved some ornaments around look for ages none their. Must ahve been eaten etc. Hey i'll guess i'll have to get it right with margaret (block orange molly)

Sorry.
Better luck next time there will be plenty more on the way lol.

Most reactions

Back