Whats Your Occupation ?

chigwellhammer

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Just thought i would make this thread so we can find out what everyone on here dose.

Ill obviously start im currently a student at Epping Forrest College studying ICT Btec Level 2.

I am an emergency road service dispatcher.
graduated Rhode Island College with a BA in Psychology last may.
considering going back...just can't afford it yet!

im doing the exact same course as you chig lol but at Sheffield city college just finishing up this week :) in fact im sat in my programming lesson right now getting my assignment marked lol

next September im doing plumbing though :D

ash

I work at Panera Bread. If you are not from the U.S. it's a Bakery Cafe that sells pasteries (baked fresh daily), soups, salads, pasta's, speciatly coffee drinks such as lattes, cappuncinos, rozen blends, smothies ect. If you are from St. Louis, Panera would be dubbed the " St. Louis Bread Company", but every where else it's Panera Bread.

A-level student studying Mathematics, ICT and Business. Got kept behind a year, and going to University in September to study Civil Engineering.

im doing the exact same course as you chig lol but at Sheffield city college just finishing up this week :) in fact im sat in my programming lesson right now getting my assignment marked lol

next September im doing plumbing though :D

ash

LOL Next year im doing Brickwork

Good call guys. I have worked in IT industries for a long time now and unless you are in the right area getting a decent job in IT with good pay is impossible (particularly with little work experience behind you). To give you an example we recently advertised for an entry level position (basic pay, 42 hour week and the (dis)pleasure of being my "*****" :) we had LOADS of people with years of experience, PHD's and all sorts applying for it. When I questioned a few of these guys closely about it and why they where applying for a position they where over qualified for they all said that there just isn't anything around and that the job we had on offer gave them a chance to get into a new field.

Sorry for going off topic but if I could go back and do things again I would definitely have become an electrician, plumber or mechanic.

Anyway back on topic :) I'm the technical manager for a UK consumer electronics company. Basically we are a small company (4 of us working in the UK) but we design, manufacture and distribute electronics products for mobile phones (our biggest selling being or keychain GPS receiver and folding bluetooth keyboards). We also do software stuff here too and my job (amongst other things) is to design new product from start to finish (from concept designs through to the artwork and packaging for the finished product).

I work as a sales assistant at an LFS, been there 3 years and still enjoy the job.

I;m a criminal solicitor work for a busy law firm in Birkenhead and spend every day in the court, police station or just answering one of the 50 or so calls I get every day from my "regulars" who are panicking about what may or may not happen to them!!!

Its a decent job and I do get to do some interesting things but the pay and prospects are not what I anticipated when I did my degree etc all those years ago

SCHOOL BORING SCHOOL!

Alessa x.
hey school is fun, enjoy while it lasts and be sure to make tons of friends while your at it :good:

straight A sophmore student with the worst thing happeinging ever, the most important year of my school career and i have 2 Cs and a B+ ending with at the lowest a 3.2 GPA :sad: currently thinking life is ruined lol
also a tennis player who is way overqualified for his position :lol: (i mean it im not just saying it)

I am currently in school and loving it. I have one year left, and I am going to go to a Uni majoring in Psychology as I wish to be a counsellor.

Oh, and I have a job interview on Thursday for a pet store near me :)

I'm a registered general nurse, I qualified 3 years ago, with a degree in nursing practice.

Most reactions

Back