What's Your Must Have Maintenance Tool?

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Reaction score
1.The python- is a life saver and a must have for anyone with more then one tank.
2. Algea scraper- why it took so long for me to get one. These blades on a handle are amazing
3. Magnet scrubbers- good for in-between cleanings.
4. The bucket- if you have a fish tank you must have a bucket and a little water container for fish only.

IME those are the 4 things every fish keeper must have to keep a clean tank. If I missed any feel free to add it.

I just got the algea scraper I had the stubby kind but this one with the blade on the end is the best thing ever so glad I broke down and got it.

Opposable thumbs :lol:

Algea magnet

Probably my pair of long curved scissors, great for pruning plants.

Edit:

Actually, it has to be my drop checker.

Python and wide algae scraper! When you have a 140 g tank, these 2 things are a must!

i use a small rice bowl to skim extra food off the top. also if any fry come to the top of the tank it's just right for scooping them up and dumping them in the fry net!

Syphon and bucket! When I had a substrate that I couldn't syphon (fluval's stratum substrate) it drove me nuts. Nothing seemed clean. I love the look of sand, too, but I know it would drive me nuts. I like good ol' fashioned gravel that can be cleaned with a syphon. Makes water changes easier and you can keep some of the nasty from building up.

how exposed are the blades on those algea scrapers? I like the idea but I'd be worried about injuring one of my fish!

how exposed are the blades on those algea scrapers? I like the idea but I'd be worried about injuring one of my fish!

Well its not exactly something you swish through the water like a maniac so it shouldnt really matter how exposed they are. :eek:

1.The python- is a life saver and a must have for anyone with more then one tank.
2. Algea scraper- why it took so long for me to get one. These blades on a handle are amazing
3. Magnet scrubbers- good for in-between cleanings.
4. The bucket- if you have a fish tank you must have a bucket and a little water container for fish only.

IME those are the 4 things every fish keeper must have to keep a clean tank. If I missed any feel free to add it.

I just got the algea scraper I had the stubby kind but this one with the blade on the end is the best thing ever so glad I broke down and got it.

What with having 2 big tanks....the DIY Python is a real back and shoulder saver, dunno how I managed before to be honest :crazy: :D :D I have a big sponge on a long plastic handle for the algae inside the tank glass, I`m always worried about scratching the glass with the blade fitment so I tend not to use it :unsure: Magnet cleaner, yep agree with you on that. Bucket....a definate must have for the smaller tanks :good: :good:

Besides the obvious (vacuum, algae magnet, bucket etc)

My little plastic container where I thaw frozen food before feeding to my fish.

Most reactions

Back