Whats Your Favorite Floating Plant

paul s

Reaction score
I have just picked up a nice pair of Dwarf Gourami to go in my 120lt planted tank, i have the bottom well planted with about 20 different species that i bought from greenline, I'd like to tell your how pleased i was with the plants but that's for another topic anyway i did not give much attention to floating plants until today when i put the gourami in. i think they would love to have some floating plants in there with them, i dont really like to sea roots dangling down so i thought of Riccia Fluitians and if it gets to big i can have a go at tying it down to slate or something and spread on the bottom, i have not seen Riccia Fluitians floating so i can't say what it looks like looking from underneath. anyway if anyone has any favorite floating plant or suggestions please reply, and one more thing, i have a jewel tank with the lid/lights only 1" to 1 1/2" above the water so i can't have anything to big :good:

i like amazon frogbit, its roots grow long into the water and the plant itself isnt small, but its great for cover and i think looks good, plus it doesnt get stuck in filters like duckweed.

Most reactions

Back