Whats This?

Jay & Jayde

Reaction score
Hi all
We brought 2 fish from our local fish shop about 2 months ago which we were told were Honjas
we know we have a male and a female as they are both almost exactly the same except for
their colour one is lighter than the other.

honja.jpg

Does anyone know what this is???

Thanks for any help

Jay and Jayde

Found on mod queue in the fish index. Moved.

it looks alot like my female krib, but i doubt it is, could you get a pic of the face then it would be easier to i.d

Is that the same as this fish?
brown1.jpg

brown2.jpg

I have the one that size, and 3 about an inch long. The small ones I bought this week, and they came out of a tank marked 'Red Zebra' but from what I'm seeing, that ain't no red zebra, so I'm curious what it actually is.

those look more like risties but not 100% convinced..

They could well be just hongi red tops not displaying ans when sub dominant they do tend to have purple look like that.. do they ever change colour??

They could well be just hongi red tops not displaying ans when sub dominant they do tend to have purple look like that.. do they ever change colour??

Hey Dru...yes, rusty's they are. Just found in another post. And yes, base brown, with orange tinge to tips of fins and opalescent purple given the right light. Not the most eye-catching when you're strolling past a tank, but very beautiful when you stop to actually look at them.

Hey Dru...yes, rusty's they are. Just found in another post. And yes, base brown, with orange tinge to tips of fins and opalescent purple given the right light. Not the most eye-catching when you're strolling past a tank, but very beautiful when you stop to actually look at them.
totally agree with you there :D

i have 3 :good:

Most reactions

Back