Whats The Easiest Cichlid To Breed?!

JohnRossDele

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi all, i want to breed cichlids but first i need to know which is the best suited i will lay out the details:
Nitrates: 0.79Mg
Nitrite: <0.015Mg
Ammonia: 0.019Mg
Conductivity: 9.0Us/cm
PH: 7.0Units
Iron: 43Ug/l
Manganese: 30Ug/l

Hagen Elite Style 95 Tropical Aquarium

i would like to have parents that you dont have to seperate once the fry are born

i would like fry that grow fast and aren't fragile

are almost certain they will breed

pair forming quickly

I'm planning on getting only 1m/1f so i want a cichlid that are certain to form

You may want to start with Convicts.,,,,, but you'll be sorry... They will invest you're tanks, and you won't have a market for them... But IMO.... they are the easiest beginners fish.....

Mouthbrooders are my favorite cichlids to breed.
They constantly breed, so you don't have to do much work except buy 3 females to 1 male.
I would recommend the Labidochrimus Caeruleus, commonly known as Electric Yellow or Yellow Lab mbuna cichlid.
It is a beginner fish, easy to manage, and the fry aren't fragile =]

I have a video of both the holding mother and her fry in my signature if you would like to see.
These fish are also bright and colorful, so they look great in any aquarium!

Hope this helps!

I've heard that Convict Cichlids aren't hard to breed at all, although their breeding can soon become out of hand. You might also want to consider Kribensis.

Hi all, i want to breed cichlids but first i need to know which is the best suited i will lay out the details:
If it's easiest then I'd also vote for convicts, but most aren't very hard if you put a little more work in, I've had angels and rams breed in my tanks by accident for example.

If you go with convicts, make sure you have something to do with the fry, and don't even think about putting any other fish in with them it that size of tank...

By the way, how on earth did you measure your water stats that accurately?! Are you using bottled water that tells you the stats? (if so, why?) Or do you have access to mega-expensive lab equipment?

If it's easiest then I'd also vote for convicts, but most aren't very hard if you put a little more work in, I've had angels and rams breed in my tanks by accident for example.

If you go with convicts, make sure you have something to do with the fry, and don't even think about putting any other fish in with them it that size of tank...

By the way, how on earth did you measure your water stats that accurately?! Are you using bottled water that tells you the stats? (if so, why?) Or do you have access to mega-expensive lab equipment?

I thought that too!! lol

Hagen Elite Style 95 Tropical Aquarium

i would like to have parents that you dont have to seperate once the fry are born

i would like fry that grow fast and aren't fragile

are almost certain they will breed

pair forming quickly

I'm planning on getting only 1m/1f so i want a cichlid that are certain to form

rainbow cichlid
r the easy cichlid to breed.

herotilapia_multispinosa.jpg

for me its my Haplochromis Sp. 44's I started off with only 8 of them a couple months ago now I have close to 100 fry "o_O"

I cant stop my egyptian mouthbreeders breeding!! they are easy

Most reactions

Back